If you want to experience the magic of a colour changing cocktail, but with none of the alcohol, simply follow the recipe below to make a Colour Changing Syrup which will keep in the fridge for up to a month.
Blue pea flower syrup:
- Add 350ml of water and 350g of sugar to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and the liquid reaches approximately 90ºC.
- Turn off the heat and add 10 blue pea flowers, allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Strain to remove the blue pea flowers, place into a jar or bottle and seal tightly with a lid.
- The finished blue pea flower syrup will keep for one month in the fridge.
Colour changing lemonade cocktail:
- Fill a tall glass with ice and pour blue pea flower syrup over until the glass is filled roughly a third of the way up.
- Pour over lemonade and watch as the colour magically changes from blue to pink up the glass. Give it a bit of a stir to help the ingredients mix if necessary.