If you want to experience the magic of a colour changing cocktail, but with none of the alcohol, simply follow the recipe below to make a Colour Changing Syrup which will keep in the fridge for up to a month.
Blue pea flower syrup:
- Add 350ml of water and 350g of sugar to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and the liquid reaches approximately 90ºC.
- Turn off the heat and add 10 blue pea flowers, allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Strain to remove the blue pea flowers, place into a jar or bottle and seal tightly with a lid.
- The finished blue pea flower syrup will keep for one month in the fridge.
Colour changing lemonade cocktail:
- Fill a tall glass with ice and pour blue pea flower syrup over until the glass is filled roughly a third of the way up.
- Pour over lemonade and watch as the colour magically changes from blue to pink up the glass. Give it a bit of a stir to help the ingredients mix if necessary.
If you have any more questions or want to get in touch, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
You can also follow us on Instagram @sandyleaffarm for more inspiration and information about our newest kits. Tag your finished products with #sandyleaffarm, we love to see your creations!
Answered your question? Click here to go back to our main website.