The best way to calculate the finished alcohol content of the wine is by taking hydrometer readings at the beginning and end of fermentation. You can then input the readings into a ABV calculator, an example of which is below, which will give you a result for the finished alcohol by volume in the wine.
Articles in this section
- Can I fortify my Hedgerow Wine?
- If the wine is cleared, can I bottle earlier than two weeks?
- How to keep the wine at the right temperature?
- Can I combine two fruits from the recipe book?
- How can I calculate the finished alcohol content of the wine?
- Can I use canned fruit with the Hedgerow Wine Kit?
- How to use an airlock
- Why is my wine too sweet?
- What sugar to use for wine making?
- Wine is still fermenting after three weeks